Exam Pattern and Syllabus of Territorial Army 2019 All eligible candidates who are willing to join Territorial Indian Army can do so by applying for it through the latest notification on Territorial Indian Army which has got published recently. Though many candidates are asking for Exam Pattern and Syllabus of Territorial Army, territorial army syllabus, types of questions, question paper pattern and exam pattern, in this post we will cover the syllabus of written test of Territorial Army India.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus of Territorial Army
Paper – I. Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics.
(a) Part – 1. Reasoning. The question paper will be designed to test the candidates ability to complete sequences making logical conclusion based on simple patter of numbers, statements, figures, letters etc as may be expected of a rational thinking person without any special study of the subject.
(b) Part – 2. Elementary Mathematics.
(i) Arithmetic. Number System – natural numbers, integers, rational and real numbers. Fundamental operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots, decimal fraction.
(ii) Unitary Method. Time and distance, time and work, percentages, application to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
(iii) Elementary Number Theory. Division algorithm, prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 & 11. Multiples and factors, factorization theorem, HCF and LCM. Euclidean algorithm, logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
(iv) Algebra. Basic operations, simple factors, remainder theorem, HCF, LCM, theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous liner equations or in equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions. Set language and set notation, rational expressions and conditional identities, laws of indices.
(v) Trigonometry. Sine x, cosine x, tangent x when O° < x < 90°. Values of sine x, cos x and ten x, for x = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° & 90°. Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
(vi) Geometry. Lines and angles, plane and plane figures theorems on
- Properties of angles at a point.
- Parallel lines.
- Sides and angles of a triangle.
- Congruency of triangles.
- Similar triangles.
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes.
- Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram,rectangle and square.
- Circle and its properties, including tangents and normal.
- Loci.(vii) Mensutration. Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can bisect into the figures (field book). Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular area of cylinders. Surface area and volume of spheres.(viii) Statistics. Collection and tabulation of statistical data, graphical representation-frequency polygons, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of central tendency.
- Pattern of Question Paper of Territorial Army India
Paper – II. General Knowledge and English.
(a) Part – 1. General Knowledge. General knowledge including knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on the history of India and geography of nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.
(b) Part – 2. English. The question paper designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words. Syllabus for English from synonyms, antonyms, reading comprehension, Para jumbles, error spotting, jumbled sentences, sentence correction and fill in the blanks.
6. Candidates to ensure their eligibility for the examination: The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the competent authority.
7. Time : Maximum time for each paper is 02 hrs and will be conducted in two sessions.
8. Type of Exam: MCQs (OMR Answer Sheet).
9. Qualifying Marks: Minimum 40% marks in each part of the paper separately and an overall average of 50%.
PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS: Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.Important Note
- Overwriting in an objective and fill in the blanks will not be awarded any marks.
- Half mark deducted for each wrong answer. (negative marking)
(a) Syllabus for Exam, No of Questions & Marks
(b) Time. The maximum time for each paper is 02 hrs and conducted in two sessions from 1000hrs to 1200hrs and 1400hrs to 1600hrs.
(c) Type of Exam. Objective (OMR Answer Sheet is used).
(d) Qualifying Marks. The candidates will have to score minimum 40%marks in each paper separately and have an overall average of 50% to qualify.
(e) Penalty for Wrong Answers. There will be penalty imposed for wrong answers marked by a candidate as under:
- There will be four possible answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, half of the mark assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct. Penalty will be imposed as above.
- (There will be no penalty for questions not attempted.
The above change will be implemented with effect from the next PIB (tentatively in August 2016) onwards.
Check Official Notification for Territorial Army Recruitment 2019