IIM Kozhikode will release CAT 2019 Admit Card at the official portal (iimcat.ac.in) on October 24, 2019. The hall ticket will be available until November 24 (exam day).
- To access the hall ticket, candidates have to visit the official portal (iimcat.ac.in) and enter the issued User ID and Password in the required fields.
- The e-ticket is issued to only those candidates who have successfully filled CAT Application Form.
- CAT admit card is a mandatory document that must be kept safe till the admissions are finalized. Check CAT 2019 Key Dates
- It carries all the important information related to the test taker and the exam day. Without hall ticket, the entry to the examination center will be prohibited.
- Official mock tests link has also been activated for the candidates to get familiar with the Computer Based Test. Practice with CAT Sample Papers
This year, CAT 2019is scheduled for November 24 in online (computer-based) mode. It is to be noted that no hall tickets will be sent via email or post. In case of any discrepancy, candidates must immediately report the same at email@example.com.
- Carry a valid photo ID to the exam hall along with CAT 2019 Admit Card. Also Check CAT Exam Centers
- Examinees must paste a recent passport size photograph on the printed copy of hall ticket.
- In case a candidate has opted for a scribe, he/she must produce a valid photo ID (original/photocopy) along with an affidavit at the exam hall to prove the same.
Read on to know more about CAT admit card, important dates, problems in downloading admit card, steps to download, guidelines for the exam day, and other such important details.
The official notification for the exam will be released tentatively on July 27, 2019 by IIM Kozhikode. As per the schedule, the hall tickets will be available from October 24, 2019. But, as we look at the previous year trends, there is a possibility that there will be a delay in the issue of the document.
Past Year Trends of Admit Card Release Date
Most often, the admit card is released much after the actual scheduled date. Make sure you have a window for change in your travel plan, as the same delay may be observed this year too. Here are the past year trends for your reference:
|CAT exam year||Scheduled date of release||Actual Date of release||CAT Convening IIM||CAT Test Taking agency|
|CAT 2014||October 16, 2014||October 19, 2014||IIM Indore||TCS|
|CAT 2015||October 15, 2015||October 25, 2015||IIM Ahmedabad||TCS|
|CAT 2016||October 18, 2016||October 24, 2016||IIM Bangalore||TCS|
|CAT 2017||October 18, 2017||October 25, 2017||IIM Lucknow||TCS|
|CAT 2018||October 24, 2018||October 24, 2018||IIM Calcutta||TCS|
|CAT 2019||October 24, 2019||October 24, 2019||IIM Kozhikode||TCS|
Also Check CAT Exam Pattern 2019
Procedure to Download CAT Admit Card 2019
- Visit the official website of CAT, i.e., iimcat.ac.in.
- Click on ‘Download Admit Card’ on the right side of the homepage.
- Enter your User Id and Password.
- You will be redirected to your candidate profile.
- Click on the Download Admit Card button to save for future use.
Note:The recommended Internet browsers are Internet Explorer – 7,8,9 version; Mozilla Firefox – 14 to 28; Google Chrome 20 to 33. The best viewed as recommended by CAT Centre 2019 are Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.
Problem in Downloading CAT Admit Card
A candidate may be unable to download CAT Admit Card due to the following reasons. Make sure the following points are taken care of before the candidate begins to download the admit card.
- If your registration is incomplete
- If the internet speed is low
- If you enter incorrect credentials
Also Check CAT Practice Papers
What After Downloading CAT Admit Card?
Follow the instructions given below once you get CAT hall ticket:
- Cross-check all the details mentioned in it.
- In case of an incorrect detail, you must contact the authority immediately.
- In case your photograph/ signature is blur, carry a photograph to the exam hall along with an original photo ID.
CAT Admit Card 2019 Sample
Details on CAT Admit Card 2019
CAT Admit Card carries all important information about the candidate and the exam. They must remember to verify all the particulars and ensure that every detail mentioned on CAT 2019 Admit Card is accurate and true. The information mentioned on the admit card of CAT is given below:
- Name & Date of Birth of the candidate
- User Id/Registration Number
- Test Schedule & Slot
- CAT Exam Center
- Candidate’s Signature & Photograph
- Exam Day Instructions
Discrepancy in CAT 2019 Admit Card
Candidates can contact the concerned authorities in the following cases:
- Name is misspelled
- PwD /DA status is incorrect
- Different test city is allotted
- Photograph is not visible
- Difficulty in downloading admit card despite successful CAT Registration
How to Correct Errors in Admit Card?
- If CAT Admit Card is blank: At multiple exam registrations, CAT center will consider only the last registration as a final application for CAT. If you login using a User ID of earlier registration attempts, the admit card would come blank.
- If CAT Admit Card is not received: The admit card is not generated for incomplete registrations. If this is not the solution, then contact the concerned board/authority.
- Try downloading the admit card in off-peak hours.
- It is recommended that you should download the CAT hall ticket only using the supportedbrowsers and not from your mobile phone.
- If the link (on mail) to download admit card is not working: Contact the exam conducting authority.
- Admit Card will be generated only upon submission of the online application form. It can be downloaded only if they have received an automated email confirmation upon successful submission.
You must immediately contact the concerned board/authority if the said solutions are not working. You can contact the helpdesk from Monday to Saturday between 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The helpdesk contact information is given below:
Toll-Free Number: 1800-266-0207
Helpdesk email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Carry on Exam Day?
Candidates will have to carry any of the following photo identity cards on the exam day:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Photo ID issued by current education institute or employer.
CAT Exam Centers
- CAT is conducted in exam centers spread across around 140 test cities in India.
- Candidates must fill the preferred exam center while registering for CAT 2019.
- Preferences for up to 4 test cities can be provided in the application form.
- CAT Exam Centers are available in all the major cities across India to accommodate the growing number of test-takers every year.
Given below is a list of newly added CAT Exam Cities:
|Recently Added CAT Exam Center 2019|
|Bhatinda in Punjab||Purnea in Bihar||Waknaghat in Himachal Pradesh|
|Samba in J&K||Dharwad and Gulbarga in Karnataka||Ernakulam in Kerala|
|Ulhasnagar in Maharashtra||Dhenkanal in Odisha||Bankura in West Bengal|
Exam Day Instructions
- The printed copy of the hall ticket should be clear and legible
- Paste the passport size color photograph in the space provided.
- Do not sign in the space provided as it has to be made in the presence of the exam invigilator.
- Carry at least 2 copies of CAT hall ticket, of which, one copy has to be submitted to the invigilator.
- Check the exam venue and reporting timing properly. For the first slot, the reporting time is 7.30 AM whilst for the second slot, the timing is 1 PM.
- Applicants will be allowed to carry only CAT admit card and photo id proof to the exam hall.
- Rough sheets and pencils will be provided inside the exam hall.
CAT Exam Pattern 2019
- Mode of exam- CAT, is conducted in online mode only.
- Duration of exam- Candidates are given 3 hours to complete the exam.
- Sections- The paper has 3 parts viz. Verbal & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Total Questions- CAT Question Paper has 100 questions.
- Marking scheme- Each question carries 3 marks. 1 mark is deducted for an incorrect response.
Sectional Pattern of CAT 2019
|Section||No. of Questions||No. of non-MCQ questions||Difficulty Level||Good Attempts|
|Verbal Ability and Reading comprehension||34||10||Easy-moderate||26-27|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||8||Difficult||12-14|
Check Detailed CAT Exam Pattern
CAT Admit Card 2019 FAQs
Ques. What documents are to be carried with CAT 2019 Admit Card on the exam day?
Ans. You must carry the below documents:
- Original and xerox copy of a valid photo id proof along with CAT 2019 Admit Card (Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Driving License)
- Caste/Disability certificate for reserved category candidates
- Respective document in case of the name change
Ques. What are the important instructions mentioned on CAT Admit Card 2019?
Ans. The following items are prohibited on the exam day:
- Electronic material such as a watch, microphone, Bluetooth, earphone, mobile, health band, calculator, pager and pieces/bits of paper, pencil box, etc.
- Closed footwear on the exam day.
- Mehendi or any cosmetic color on their hands as it may cause an error while doing the digital fingerprint scan
Ques. Can I carry a black and white print of CAT 2019 Admit Card?
Ans. It is always advisable to carry a colored printout of your CAT Hall Ticket 2019. It makes the verification process easy.
Ques. Can I carry a Xerox copy of photo id card on CAT exam day?
Ans. No. Candidates should carry any one of the photos mentioned above id proof in original. A Xerox or scanned copy will not be accepted at CAT exam center.
Ques. What details must be verified in CAT 2019 Admit Card?
Ans. Once you have your hall ticket in hand, make sure the following information is true and accurate:
|Your name and other personal details||Details of CAT exam center|
|Registration and roll number||Exam date and timings|
|Category details||Clarity of your signature and photograph|
Ques. How can I ensure that my admit card for CAT Exam is valid?
Ans. Your CAT Admit Card 2019 can be downloaded from the official website. The candidates who have registered successfully for CAT Exam can only download their hall tickets. Hence, it is a validation in itself.
Ques. What is Test System Number mentioned on CAT 2019 Admit Card?
Ans. The purpose of Test System Number is to help the candidates identify the floor and computer at the test center. It should not be confused with the registration number.
Ques. Can I change CAT Test Center?
Ans. No. CAT Test Centre for the exam should be chosen with the utmost care during CAT Registration. Candidates can take the exam only at test center mentioned on CAT Admit Card 2019. The request for changing CAT exam center will not be accepted under any circumstance.
Ques. Can I avail the services of a Scribe?
Ans. Yes. Candidates availing the services of a scribe should submit the scribe affidavit. Also, they should carry a photo id card to the test center.
Download CAT Scribe Affidavit
Ques. I have lost my CAT Admit Card. What should I do?
Ans. If by some unfortunate event you happen to lose your CAT Admit Card, do not worry. You can go back to the official website for CAT and download and reprint your admit card. You can download and print your admit card by logging in your candidate profile till the exam day.