CAT 2019 Registration will commence tentatively from August 5. The last date to fill the online CAT Application Form is September 20, 2019.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download their admit card from October 24, 2019 from the official website, i.e., iimcat.ac.in.
- CAT 2019 is scheduled for November 25 in the computer-based mode.
- CAT Registration for the examination will start on August 5, 2019.
- The application process comprises of 4 steps: Online Registration, Filling of Application Form, Uploading of Documents and Payment of Application Fee.
- IIM Kozhikode is the exam conducting body for CAT 2019.
Read on to know more about CAT 2019 Eligibility, registration, important dates, steps for applying, application fee and other such important details.
CAT 2019 Online Application Dates
The official notification for CAT 2019 will be released on July 27 by the exam authorities. The registration window for CAT exam is generally opened for 1 month. All important registration dates are tabulated below-
|CAT 2019 Official Notification||July 27, 2019|
|Availability of CAT 2019 Application Form||August 5, 2019|
|Last date for CAT 2019 Registration||September 20, 2019|
|Availability of CAT Admit Card 2019||October 24 – November 24, 2019|
CAT 2019- Latest Updates
- The application fee for CAT 2019 is INR 2000, unlike 1800 last year. Also, the mode of payment of application fee is also increased.
- The competition will rise this year, with an expectation of more than 2 lac registrants.
- For CAT 2019, the form-correction window will open in September.
- In case of any questions regarding CAT Registration, you may contact the authorities at 1800-2663-549 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Here CAT Reservation Criteria 2019
How to Register for CAT Exam 2019?
Pre-Requisites for CAT Registration
- Valid email address and mobile phone number
- Marksheets of class X, XII, graduation and/or other equivalent exams.
- Details of work experiences (if any)
- Preferred CAT Exam Center choices
- Scanned images of photograph and signature
- Scanned copy of category certificate (if any)
- Bank details (credit card, debit card or net banking) for payment of Application fee.
Steps to Register for CAT
- Visit the official website iimcat.ac.in
- Click on Registration for New User on the right side of the page
- Read the given instructions
- Enter all necessary details to complete CAT 2019 Registration- Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Country, and Email Address to generate OTP.
- Enter the OTP and click on Validate OTP and submit after entering the Captcha Code.
- Check on I Agree and submit CAT Application Form.
- After submitting the details, a message on registered mobile number containing the Password and an email containing the User ID will be sent.
- Post successful completion of CAT Registration, a unique login id and password is generated.
- These credentials are vital for filling CAT Application Form 2019.
- Click on ‘Go to Application Form’ to fill CAT Application Form.
Download Here CAT Registration Guide
Candidate Query Form
In case, you have any query related to CAT Exam Application Form, Payment of Fees and Admit Card, same can be asked through the query form. The steps for the same are given below-
- After completing CAT Registration, click on Candidate Query Form and Create the query.
- Define the Problem Category and Problem Type
- Enter the Problem Statement and Submit the details.
- The status of the query can be checked by providing Grievance Number and Registration Number after submitting the query under.Selectour Filter Criteria
Also Read CAT Preparation Tips
How to Fill CAT Application Form 2019?
- After successful CAT Registration, a candidate can move on to fill the complete Online Application Form.
- Read the information bulletin carefully and fill in the details accordingly.
- For filling CAT application form, you will have to first login to the official website of CAT.
- The steps to log in are described below:
- On the right side of the homepage, click on the “Existing User” tab.
- A new Login window will appear.
- Enter the Login id, and Password sent to you to your registered email address and mobile number.
- Click on the Login tab.
Following this, you will be able to login to your account and open CAT Application Form. There are 5 sections that you must fill:
- Personal Details
- Academic History
- Work Experience
- Program Preference
- Payment of Application Fee
General Instructions for Filling CAT Application Form
While filling CAT Application Form 2019, certain guidelines must be followed. Candidates not following the instructions might hamper submission of the application form. The general instruction for filling CAT application form are listed below:
- Candidates should use the following versions of web browsers for filling CAT Application Form:
- Internet Explorer (version 11 and above) or
- Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61) or
- Google Chrome (version 50 to 69)
- All the fields which are marked with an * are compulsory. If you leave out any * marked field, your application form will not be submitted.
- After completing one part of CAT application form, you can click on “Save and Continue” to move on to the next section of CAT Application Form. You can also “Save” and exit at any point and login later to complete the application.
- You can use the mouse or the touchpad on your laptop to move between two sections. Do not use the tab key.
- If due to any issue you are not able to finish filling your CAT Application Form in one go, you can login again and finish it.
- Recheck the data filled in various fields before making the payment for the application fee. After payment of application fee, you cannot make any change to CAT Application Form.
Details Asked In CAT Application Form 2019
After logging in successfully to your candidate’s account for CAT Exam, you can begin the registration process. The Registration Form is divided into 5 sections. Below we are providing steps for filling each section separately.
In this section, you will need to fill in the following details:
- Enter Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s name.
- Enter Gender as applicable.
- Enter nationality as Indian. For those who are applying under the foreign category should mention their nationality in the adjacent field “Specify your Nationality.”
- Select category from among the given options, i.e., General, SC/ST, NC-OBC
- In the case of reserved categories, you will need to fill additional details such as Caste/Tribe name, State/Union Territory of Caste/Tribe and Serial Number of Caste/tribe. You can access these details from the National Commission for Backward Classes website.
- If you are a person with a disability, then select “Yes” in the Person with Disability/Differently Abled field. Here you will have to fill in the category of disability, Disability percentage, and Wheelchair Support requirement.
- Enter the communication address correctly.
- Provide the alternate email address and mobile number if available.
- After filling in all the required personal details, you will have to upload necessary documents as per your selections in the application form. Uploading Photograph and Signature is compulsory for all candidates irrespective of their category.
- After uploading the documents, click on the “Save and Continue” button and move to the next section.
In this section, you have to enter the details of your academic qualification. Here you have to enter the details of not just the qualifying examination but details of your education from class 10th onwards to the most recent academic qualification.
You will need to enter the details of following academic qualifications:
- SSC/10th class examination (Compulsory for all candidates)
- HSC/12th class examination /Diploma (Compulsory for all candidates)
- Bachelor Degree Details (Compulsory for all candidates)
- Other Professional Degree
- Post-graduation Degree Details
Check CAT Eligibility
SSC/10th Class Examination Details
The aggregate percentage will be calculated for all the subjects mentioned in the mark sheet for class 10th. In this section, you will need to enter the following details:
- Aggregate marks in Percentage
- Total Marks Obtained
- Maximum Marks
- Board name for SSC/10th or equivalent examination
- Month and Year of completion of SSC/10th
HSC/12th/Diploma Course Details
In this case, again the aggregate percentage will be calculated against all subjects mentioned in the mark sheet for class 12th. Under this section you will need to enter the following details:
- Course type – 12th or Diploma (Select the applicable one)
- Aggregate marks in %age
- Total marks obtained in the examination
- Maximum Marks
Bachelor Degree Details
In this section, you have to enter the details of your Bachelor degree program. Do not get confused if your degree is an honors degree. Enter details of all types of undergraduate or equivalent programs which are approved by UGC, Association of Indian Universities, or Ministry of HRD.
Candidates, who are in the final year of the program should select “Yes” in the field “Are you in the final year of Bachelor Degree?” Those who have completed their Bachelor degree program should select Yes in the relevant field.
You will need to fill the following details:
- The total duration of the Bachelor degree program
- Percentage of marks obtained in Bachelor degree
- In case of those who are in the final year, fill in the % of marks mentioned in the latest mark sheet issued by the College/University
- Type of University/Institution
- State/Union Territory of the University
- Name of the University/Institution
- Name of the degree program
- Month and Year of Course Commencement
- Month and Year of Course Completion
Other Professional Degree Details
Under this section, you have to enter details of any other professional courses such as CS, CA, ICWA, or any other degree. In case of candidates who have not undergone any graduate degree, filling this section is compulsory.
However, in case of multiple professional degrees, enter marks for the degree in which you have scored the maximum marks.
In this section, you will need to fill the following details:
- Professional Inter Marks (%)
- Professional Final Marks (%)
- Month & Year of Course Commencement
- Month & Year of Course Completion
Post-Graduation Degree Details
This is optional, and students who have completed their PG degree only should fill these details. You will have to enter the following details:
- Status of Master Degree program
- The total duration of the degree
- Aggregate marks in %
- Type of University or Institute
- State/Union Territory of University
- University Name
- College/Institution Name
- Degree Name
- Month & Year of Course Commencement
- Month & Year of Course Completion
After filling in, the details click on “Save & Continue” and move to the next section.
In this section, you need to enter details of your work experience till July 31, 2018. The work experience duration should be in months and not in years.
What counts as valid Work Experience for CAT Registration Process?
- Work is done only after Graduation degree
- Full-time and paid work
What does not fall under Work Experience for CAT Registration Process?
- Any job/work done before graduation
- Part-time job experience
- Freelancing job experience
- Volunteer/unpaid work
Steps to fill in Work Experience details:
There is a section to fill in any work experience. If a candidate has prior work experience or is working professionals, enter the about the same.
- Browse through the list of Work areas and check the relevant box.
- In the adjacent column, mention the number of months you have worked in this field.
- If your area of work is not listed, then check the box marked as “Other.” In the adjacent column specify work area and work experience in months. You can add more rows and columns in case you need to add more areas of work experience.
- At the end of the section, there is a field for Total Work Experience in Months. You do not have to fill this column. Your total experience will get calculated automatically once fill in the details in the rows above.
- Click on “Save & Continue” to move to the next section of the application form.
CAT Program Preference
In this section, you will have to select the name of programs offered at various IIMs as per your preference. Along with the preference for programs, you also have to enter your choice of city for an interview in an adjacent column.
In the case of PGP/PGDM program at the following IIMs, you must select the same interview city:
- IIM Kashipur
- IIM Udaipur
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Tiruchirappalli
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Ranchi
At the end of the page, you will also have to select your exam city center preference. There is an option to select four exam city centers. You cannot repeat a city as your preferred city. After selecting the exam center preferences click on “Save and Continue” button.
CAT 2019 Application Fee
CAT Registration Fee needs to be paid online only (Net banking, Credit Card, or Debit Card). The category-wise fee is given below:
|General/NC-OBC (Non-Creamy Layer Other Backward Classes)||INR 2000|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)/ST (Scheduled Tribe)||INR 1000|
|PwD (Persons with Disability)/DA (Differently Abled)||INR 1000|
- While paying online, there is an additional Transaction Processing Charge, which an applicant has to pay in addition to the application fees.
- The details of the additional charges incurred are given below:
|Payment Method||Additional Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (American Express)||2.85% of the application fees, subject to a minimum of INR 5.|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the application fees, subject to a minimum of INR 5.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master)||If the application fee is less than or equal to INR 2000, then 0.75% of the application fees subject to a minimum of INR 5. If the application fees are more than INR 2000, then 1.00% of the application fees subject to a minimum of INR 5.|
How to Pay CAT Application Fee?
- Select the appropriate payment method from the list.
- Check the declaration box and Select I Agree.
- Click on Submit and Pay button.
- You will be redirected to the payment gateway.
- Enter payment details as per your preference.
- After successful payment, you will receive a transaction number which you should note down.
- Once the CAT Registration Process is completed, you will receive a confirmation email from CAT 2019 authorities stating that your application is submitted successfully.
Documents Required for CAT 2019 Online Application
During CAT Exam Registration 2019, you need to upload certain documents. Without uploading these documents, you will not be able to submit CAT Application Form. The list of the documents required for CAT Registration along with their specifications is given below:
|REQUIRED DOCUMENTS||DIMENSION AND TYPE OF FILE|
|Photograph||Dimension – 30 mm X 45 mm File Format – .jpg or .jpeg File Size – <= 80 Kb|
|Signature||Dimension – 80 mm X 35 mm File Format – .jpg or .jpeg File Size – <= 80 Kb|
|NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate||Self-attested Scanned as a pdf document|
|PwD/DA Certificate||Self-attested Scanned as a pdf document|
The format of the caste and disability certificate is available on the official CAT website. You can download the certificate, fill the details and get it attested by the concerned authority. In case you already have the said certificates, make sure that they are in the same format as mentioned on the CAT 2019 official website.
How to Compress Images?
The images which are to be uploaded in CAT Application Form should be of definite file size and dimension. By following the process given below, you can easily convert any image file into the desired dimension and file size for completing CAT Registration.
- Select the image file and right click.
- Click on “Open With” and select Paint.
- The image will open in the Paint window.
- Click on the “File” menu on the top justify-hand corner of the window.
- Select “Properties.”
- A small box will open where you can specify/change the width and height of the image. For Photograph it will be 35 mm X 45 mm, and for Signature, it will be 80 mm X 35 mm.
- Click “OK” and save the image.
CAT Form Correction 2019
- In case, you have made any mistake while filling the Application Form of CAT 2019; the same can be rectified until you have made the online payment.
- However, after submitting CAT Application Form, there will be a limited time window during which the details can be modified.
How to Apply for CAT Exam Form Correction?
- Open the official website for CAT 2019, i.e., iimcat.ac.in.
- Click on the “Existing User” button.
- Enter your login id and password and click on “Login.”
- Navigate through the different sections in the application form and check the details you have entered.
- Change or modify the details which are incorrect or incomplete.
- Click on “Save and Continue” or “Save” and Exit.
CAT Registration Trend
|Year||Candidates Registered||Candidates Appeared|
CAT 2019 Registration FAQs
Ques: I have completed my Bachelor’s degree recently, and my University follows the grading system. How do I enter marks scored?
Ans. If your mark sheet contains the equivalent percentage for the respective grades, you will enter the percentage equivalent to the grade scored by you. If it’s not given, then contact your university and procure the equivalent percentage for your grade score for completing CAT Registration.
Ques: I have completed my dual degree program (B.Tech.+M.Tech. or B.Tech.+M.Sc. or BS+MS). How should I fill my aggregate percentage for Bachelor’s program?
Ans. If you have done dual degrees, you can fill the aggregate of marks which are equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree. If there are marks given in the Master’s category, fill it in the section for Master’s degree details while doing CAT Registration.
Ques: I have completed my education in the 10+2+2/10+1+1+2 pattern. How do I fill in my Bachelor’s degree details during CAT Registration?
Ans. First ascertain that your degree is recognized by UGC, AIU or other equivalent bodies. If your degree is recognized, you can fill in the details as given below:
- Enter 10thmarks in the respective field.
- Enter 12thor next two year’s marks in 12th/HSC field.
- In the field for Bachelor’s degree marks select duration as 3 years and enter the respective marks. You must not forget to select the year of commencement and completion of the program accordingly.
Ques. I have changed my name by following the due procedure; however, my degree certificate still bears my old name. Which name should I enter in the field for Candidate’s name under CAT Registration?
Ans. You have to enter your changed name, but you will have to produce relevant documents at the time of examination, interview and admission.
Ques. How to recover my password?
Ans. In case you misplace or lose your password that was generated during CAT Registration, can be recovered by going on the official CAT 2019 website. The password for your CAT 2019 login id will be sent via SMS to your registered mobile number.
The process to recover your password is given below:
- Go to the official website
- Click on the “Sign In for Existing User” tab.
- In the login window, enter your login id and then click on the “Forgot Password” tab.
- Enter the captcha string and click on Get Password.
Ques. My Aadhar card has a different sir name, and the class 10 certificate is different. So which name should I put?
Ans. Put the name as printed in aadhar card and get the name printed in class 10 certificate modified.
Ques. I cannot see a place to give details of my category in the CAT registration form. I am suffering from polio.
Ans. The details of the physical disability have to be uploaded in the application form and not in the registration form.
Ques. I am from Jharkhand. The internet is slow in my district, and I tried to fill the registration process several times, but the internet does not let it happen. Can I fill it in offline mode?
Ans. No, it has to be filled in the online mode only. You can wait and keep on trying or go to a cyber cafe to work with the CAT registration process.
Ques. CAT 2019 has a registration fee of Rs.2000 or Rs.1900 for a general category? Some websites say 1900. I am confused.
Ans. The application fee for CAT 2019 registration is Rs. 2000. For CAT 2018, the registration fee was Rs. 1900.
Ques. If I am from a reserved category, do I have to register on the same CAT website as general category students do, or some other website is there for reserved category students?
Ans. Only one website is there for reserved and non-reserved category candidates. There is no such difference.
Ques. I was working with the registration process, and the system went down. Now I am trying to re-login with my credentials, but it is not accepting my details. What to do?
Ans. If your registration was successful, then send an email describing the issue to the authorities else do the registration again.
Ques. I have two email ids which I use personally, which email ID can I use for the CAT 2019 registration. Is there any preference for new email id over old?
Ans. No, use only 1 email id, as too many will create trouble. Keep it the same for the entire process.
Ques. I took the CAT 2018 exam but failed to qualify. Can I use the same registration details for CAT 2019 exam?
Ans. No, CAT 2018 registration details cannot be used for CAT 2019.
Ques. Is there a discount for OBC candidates?
Ans. No. The discount in application fee is only for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Ques. I topper of Chandigarh university in B.Tech. Do I have to pay the application fee separately or no fee has to be paid?
Ans. All candidates have to pay CAT application fee. There is no exception in this rule for any candidate, so please pay the application fee otherwise the form would be rejected.
Ques. My graduation marksheets have a different name from my class 10 certificate. Will this affect my CAT registration process?
Ans. No this will not affect the registration but will affect the application process. So it is advised that get this error corrected.
Ques. I am trying to open the CAT application form in Bing. It is not opening. Can you tell me why?
Ans. The application form will work only in Google chrome or firefox or IE version 8 or above. The portal does not support any other system in the middle.
Ques. I scored 97 percent in class 12, and I am working on CAT modules since class 10. Can I write the CAT exam?
Ans. No, as it is important that you have completed your graduation. Only a graduate can write the CAT exam.
Ques. I have completed the CAT 2019 registration process in a single go. So will I have some upper hand in the admission process?
Ans. No, there is no rule that by doing registration you will get the upper hand in admission. Please do not fall prey to such myths.
Ques. I completed the CAT registration in August 2019. The best part of the form was missed. So can I fill the application form in the form correction window?
Ans. No, this is not possible to fill the application form in the form correction window.
Ques. I want to apply for CAT 2019. I want to do MBA can you send me an email for details of the CAT registration form?
Ans. Sure register with our portal and an email notification would be sent related to CAT registration process.
Ques. I am getting the error “wrong email ID.” My email ID is on Rediff. What is wrong?
Ans. Generate a new email Id in Gmail and work with the CAT registration process.
Ques. I have a unique email id, but the system does not accept it. It says “email already exists.” I called the helpline, but no one is responding. What to do?
Ans. Drop an email regarding the issue to the authorities and keep on trying on the helpline number.
Ques. I am a female category candidate. I applied for SSC, and in that, I am getting the discount in the application fee. I do not get the same in CAT 2019. How can I get the concession in application fee?
Ans. There is no provision of the reduced application fee for the female category candidates. The reserved category candidates can only get the concession in the application fee.
Ques. I have registered early with CAT 2019, now will I get admission in IIM Lucknow?
Ans. No, there is no such provision of receiving admission in IIM if you register early. Do not fall prey to such myths.
Ques. Can I complete the registration in the form correction window period of CAT 2019?
Ans. No, this is not possible. Best you write CAT 2019 exam.
Ques. Do medically unfit candidates who are not physically challenged also get some benefits in the CAT registration process?
Ans. There is no inclusion of any other form of illness in the CAT 2019 registration process, so please go through the normal registration process.